The term ‘social prescribing’ is used to describe a service which supports people to access a range of non-medical services and activities in their local area.
Social prescribing can help people with different social, emotional or practical needs to find the right support and improve their health and wellbeing.
The service can help you:
- Get support to improve your physical health.
- Find employment or volunteering opportunities or learn a new skill.
- Tackle money, housing, work or benefits issues.
- Cope with a particular condition or difficulty.
- Access ways of improving your emotional wellbeing such as befriending schemes, peer support or arts and leisure activities.
Our local service is run by Patient Empowerment Project (PEP).
To make an appointment please contact them on 0113 279 5870 or email email@example.com.