The closing date is 23 February 2022
You will be part of a small committed team of administrative/operational personnel that are the heartbeat of the practice. The post will work in a wide range of roles completing a varied and interesting work programme. A flexible approach to working is essential and as a practice we will be flexible with the employee’s needs. The role offers competitive rates of pay subject to experience and ongoing performance, membership of the NHS Pension Scheme, health care support, free tea/coffee and other benefits.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be hardworking and enthusiastic individual, provide high standards of care, reception and administrative support and be an effective communicator. GP practice experience is desirable but not essential as in-house training will be provided. Ideal applicants will have previous experience of similar roles and be IT literate with good customer service skills.
We are a forward thinking and growing practice, developmentally expanding our services, with modern state of the art premises in keeping with the future direction of quality health care provision. According to our patients and featured in the Yorkshire Evening Post we have been voted the 2nd Best practice in Leeds and currently look after 9400 patients within our local communities.
`We are looking for a Part Time Medical Receptionist to be an integral part of our Patient Support Team. We have 2 Medical Practices covering Central and North Leeds (Woodhouse and Chandos) and the role will be operating in both sites covering opening hours of 8am-6.30pm Monday to Friday.
· Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
· Provide general assistance, administration and operational support to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
· To follow, support and comply with practice procedures, IT, infrastructure and telecom systems, and work in accordance of written protocols and procedures.
· Contribute toward the team ethic and support patients in line with the practices principles and values.
(Full job description uploaded as a separate document)
- Studied to a minimum standard of GCSE (Grade C or above) or equivalent in Maths and English
- Experience of basic clerical duties and office procedures
- Experience working in General Practice Workplace
- Experience working in Business Administration
- Experience working in Customer focussed Services
- Experience working with EMIS and/or SystmOne clinical system.
- Experience working in a call centre coordinating high volumes of calls.
- see previous
- see previous
Knowledge and skills
- Good working knowledge of using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Understanding of dealing with confidential information and data protection legislations
- Good experience of following policies and procedures
- Ability to deliver a high standard of service under pressure
- Good attention to detail
- Knowledge about signposting and care navigation
- Knowledge about relevant legislation such as safeguarding/Confidentiality
- Knowledge of Primary Care Services/NHS
- Ability to promote a positive first impression to patients, carers, visitors and other health care professionals
- Ability to remain positive, professional and courteous in a highly pressurised environment
- Ability to undertake delegated tasks but also work on their own initiative
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to undertake training as required to meet the requirements of the role or the organisation
- Excellent team player
- Strong work ethic
- Strong appreciation of customer service skills
- Ability to work to NHS health and safety standards
Personal Attributes/Physical, mental and emotional
- Demonstrate motivation and commitment to the team working and the development of self and other team members
- Flexibility and adaptability within the role and practice business needs
- Punctual and reliable
- Excellent Team player
- Ability to work in an environment of change to meet the needs of primary care
- Work under pressure and time scales
- Ability to work long days/shifts
- Able to work within manual handling policy
- Ability to travel between sites
- Advanced key board skills
- Willing to complete immunisation course as recommended by occupational health
- Able to deal with exposure to distressing circumstances or highly emotional events
- Able to concentrate for prolonged periods
- Able to work outside routine practice hours such as extended hours
For more information and to apply: Job Advert (jobs.nhs.uk)